Student Sessions for Blackboard and Introduction to Online Learning
What Do I Need to Do to Get Started in an Online or Hybrid Course?
In this workshop, you learn how to log in and get started in your online or hybrid course(s).
- What is a Hybrid or Online Course-Expectations, Requirements, Attendance
- Logging on, finding your course and navigation
- Course Calendar/Schedule and when to “attend class”
- How to contact your professor
- Where to find assignments
- NCCC Online Learning Student Orientation, Resources, Help
Dates and Times
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 – D106 B 3:30-4:30 – you can come in person or join in via Zoom web conference at this link:https://zoom.us/j/7666685675
- Monday, January 27, 2020 – D106 B 5:00-6:00 -you can come in person or join in via Zoom web conference at this link: https://zoom.us/j/7666685675
Introduction to Blackboard Learn and Tech Tools to be Successful at NCCC
In this workshop, you learn how to find NCCC resources, free technology tools, and how to use the tools NCCC provides to students. We will also explore Blackboard and how your professor might use it for course information, tests, and assignments.
- How to access Blackboard and find your courses
- How to get Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access) for free
- How to use Google Drive
- Accessing, Searching and Researching NCCC resources such as Hoonuit
- Tools for Communication with your Professor and Classmates
- How to find Blackboard assignments
- How to submit an assignment
- How do tests work in Blackboard
- How to review grades, rubrics, and feedback
- NCCC Virtual Success Center
Dates and Times
- Thursday, January 23rd D-303 (in the Lewis Library) 2:00-3:00
- Monday, January 27th D-303 (in the Lewis Library) 2:00-3:00
For questions please call the Office of Online Learning Student Support Center at 716-614-6488 or email email@example.com.